Saturday, December 13, 2008
Happy Mommy!
I just wanted to give a quick update to the blog. Jojo has been still going strong with imitation skills and some spontaneous 2 word phrases such as help please, mama go, all done, and hi (someones name). We are still working on clarity of many of his words but I'm sure that will come. I am really, really enjoying each day with him now. (I know that sounds horrible, but the first 2 years were not exactly easy for us!) He is so agreeable, laid back and HAPPY! No terrible two's for this guy!! It seems whatever I tell him his response is "ah-tay" (okay). We are going on new adventures every day together! He is a completely different child the past 2 months than he ever was! It is so obvious how much better he feels health wise, not to mention the fact he can communicate so much better with everyone now. I think back now and understand why he never quite seemed happy or like he felt good......he couldn't eat because of erosions in his esophagus, he couldn't sleep because of GERD, floppy cartilage in his airway, very large adenoids and sleep apnea (he stopped breathing an average of 9x per hour). I also have to add that it doesn't make for a happy mommy or daddy getting up 6 or 7 times a night! He also continuously had fluid in his ears for about 8 months. Looking back on all of that (and more) I am so thrilled and relieved with how far we have come. He is still followed by many doctors for his issues but we are so grateful to have a lot of this behind us. I can't express enough how happy I am with Jojo's progress. He is such an amazing little boy. (and darn cute I might add!!) I am so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment