Saturday, March 14, 2009

We survived!

I know I say this quite often, but this was probably one of the busiest weeks of all times for us. We had a wedding shower, birthday party, music recital, one doctor appt for Dom, two doctor appts for Mom, and all of Jojo's therapy sessions...........all of this on top of having water seeping into our basement. Talk about a nightmare! Now it is Saturday and we have our usual weekend chaos! Dave has school and work and we are trying to catch up from the week's events! I also have one little sickie, (Dom) who seems to have a sore throat! I have looked at the calendar for next week and have already begun stressing over it!!!

Jojo is doing WONDERFUL!! His speech is become more clear and he is attempting to say so much now. It seems hard to believe a year ago at almost 2 years old, he was using all sign language and couldn't even say simple sounds such as, ba or pa. He is proof of how far apraxic kids can come with proper and EARLY intervention. He wouldn't even be close to where he is right now if we had waited for him to catch up. That being said he still has lots of work to do, he still struggles with certain sounds, words, and motor speech patterns. He is having some problems with assimilation he will say "my map" when he means "my nap" and multi syllabic words can be very hard for him to say. The melody of his speech is a little off and he still is leaving off beginning sounds of words quite often. If you haven't seen this little boy in a while, you will be amazed at the difference!!! I'm so proud of him. I will try get some video up soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy, I am so glad that JoJo is doing so well. Life IS ALWAYS BUSY. When TRacy was about 3 I remember thinking things would slow down in a few days and here we are years later and it is still busy.LOL Your days are very productive. You are doing good things for your boys and you are a good Mom. They are very lucky. Just wanted to say "hi". I read often but don't always comment. Just wanted you to know I was here reading and concerned. Love, Diane