I thought I had survived the entire school year without even a sniffle.......close but....nope!!! After being knocked down and out for all of last week with a horrible cold myself...........now the kids have been sick since Thursday...........Dominic woke up with a fever of 104 in the middle of the night. He continued to run a fever of between 101-103 for days. After the first 3 days he started with a bad cough, which for my kids means we need to bring out the nebulizer for breathing treatments! Jojo was also running a fever, only he never gets high ones, he maxed out at 100 on his worst day. They both have been coughing soooooo bad, especially at night. After having a fever for 5 days, his temp is finally normal today. This was his last chance to get it down, doctor said if he still had it today, he would need to see him again!!!
I spent most of last night up with Dominic, poor little guy even throws up from coughing so hard. He was trying to sleep on the recliner, me on the couch. Ugh....we have all been cooped up in the house for way too long!
Jojo's speech is really coming along! Daddy took him to therapy last week when I was sick and this week we haven't been there because the kids are sick. He is still working on his clarity and on expanding his length of phrases and sentences. He sometimes will not be able to get a word out, though he knows exactly what he wants to say. That has frustrated him lately and it is very difficult to watch him struggle with that. For example he had these three little animals he was playing with, a giraffe, a zebra, and an elephant. I held up the giraffe and asked him what animal it was.......he paused and said ummm.....so I asked again and he said very quietly and with hesitation....."zebra?" He knows that wasn't correct but couldn't get out the correct word. If I ask him which one is the giraffe, he immediately picks the right one without hesitation.....it is a speech/language issue. He is still having trouble making the h, w, and y sounds. Those he should be able to say at his age. His therapist has also started to work on correct placement of the mouth/tongue for the "l" and the "r" will be a later developing sound so we haven't started to work on that one yet.
He is such a sweet little guy. He is very huggy/cuddly and always says "I love you" to all of us. He is such a helper, loves to clean up toys!!! I can't believe he is growing up so quickly. He is Dominic's shadow and gets hurt feelings if Dominic wants to play alone. The only big issue I am having with him is potty time..........he wants NOTHING to do with it.........
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment