Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Chance to Dance






















Today we had therapy at Kaufman Center with Miss Jenny. Jojo was a rockstar today!!! He was very cooperative and had lots of good sounds coming out of that little mouth today. He tried some new cards today that combined a vowel + consonant sound bay, bee, knee are a few of the ones he tried. He sometimes gets the first sound but then drops the vowel or changes the vowel the word bee comes out ba. We have to add it to our list to practice at home. He also said "oh ba!" for "oh boy!" which is on one of his cards. It was soooo exciting to hear that!! It sure does get tiring for all of us.....(especially him!) prompting or cueing him to say every single sound or word we want him to say. But we can see him improving so it's sooooo worth it!






After therapy today we drove to the MORC for an "early on" event called "My Chance to Dance" It is for all kids enrolled in "Early on" which is the birth to 3 early intervention program. Jojo absolutely LOVED it! I haven't seen him that happy and excited in quite some time. It truly made my day, even made my week in fact! He was dancing to the music and following along with the teacher and following directions like a champ! Mommy even got some nice exercise! It is wonderful to do these things where he isn't on the spot or pressured and can enjoy activities with other children. The teacher would ask all the kids their name and none of them could (or maybe just wouldn't) say anything. It is nice when the focus is off of his disabilities and it's just time for fun! Everyone fits in and no one is judging! I think I'm just so used to so many therapy sessions and doctor's appointments that it was nice to do something with him that was just pure fun! There is a dance class for special needs kids which I may sign him up for because he loved it so much!






On a different note, we are going to do the feeding group at Beaumont. OF COURSE insurance doesn't cover it, what was I thinking? LOL But, we have decided it is definitely worth the money to try!! It will last nine weeks and start at the end of October. I am excited that Jojo will get to wear his Halloween costume to therapy every day the week of Halloween, usually you only get one use out of it! He loves to dress up.






I'm so proud of my baby! It feels good to have a good day!

No comments: