Saturday, October 18, 2008
Neurologist
Yesterday we saw Jojo's neurologist. He sees her every 3-4 months for his hypotonia and apraxia. At this check up I told her about my concerns with his hypotonia. (seems to be getting worse, posture problems, trouble with balance and steadiness.) She said as he is getting older and bigger, he is doing more and so it is more obvious. She did observe him and said she can tell he is definitely not as steady as he should be. The only thing we can do about it is, and I quote her, "therapy, therapy, therapy" She wrote him a script saying he needs PT and OT. Well here we go again, insurance most likely is not going to pay for it. She said to go to Early On and get it through MISD. I have to figure all this out because he is also supposed to start his feeding group next week, so my head is spinning trying to do all of this. I also got a surprise bill for almost $900.00 from Beaumont-that insurance was supposed to pay. Another battle on the phone with Blue Cross left me drained. We have what Blue Cross calls a dual contract and the bills aren't getting processed through the correct part of the contract. Apparently they don't know why this is happening so they told me I will need to do this every time I get a bill. (Call insurance and have them reprocess it through Master Medical and then wait for a check to get reimbursed.) They can't give me even a estimate on how long this will take. It is such a mess and a headache, I could scream. Well we have to make some decisions about therapy. I don't know that we can add 3 more sessions per week. We have so many things to consider. First always is what Joseph needs. But money, (paying for therapy, gas, copays etc.) and time, and our current schedule also play a role.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment