We are keeping very busy with therapy and appointments as always. His neurology appt was cancelled last week due to the doctor being sick. We are rescheduled for March. Jojo loved having Dominic home this week for mid-winter break. We have done some fun family things and enjoyed the break.
Speech progress has remained the same over the past couple of weeks. We are still working on his trouble spots and clarity. Now that he is starting to speak more spontaneously, (which I am thrilled about!) I am having to interpret more for him! Don't get me wrong it's not that he sounds awful, but unless you have some type of model in front of you to give you visual clues it can be tough. If he is playing with his toys I can tell what he is talking about because it is right in front of me, same with food and so on.........
His single words are pretty clear, it is when they are put together things get a little messy! I feel bad sometimes always challenging what he is saying but it has to be done. He will say "uck" and I say, "Jojo, is it "uck" or "truck?" and then he becomes a little more clear. He will say "tuck" (R is a later developing sound which he doesn't have yet) There are also other sounds he doesn't have yet. He has a tendency to drop some beginning sounds of words and switch some vowels sounds. That being said, I am still very happy with his progress and so so proud of him!
It is so much easier to look back and see how far we have come, and not focus on the work we still have to do. We are beginning the process of figuring out what we are going to do in the fall, in regards to his therapy and preschool. We just want to find the right place for him. Right now, I think we have decided we need to drop one of his therapy days very soon due to cost. It is just so expensive, I don't know what else we can do.
I can't believe how fast time goes by and that Jojo will be 3 years old in a few short months. Wow, what happened to my little baby?
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment